For over 60 years, we have demonstrated how hazards can be controlled and operations made safer with a value driven approach to Safety, Health, Environment and Quality.
We operate our plants following the highest standards to ensure the health and safety of our employees, contractors, customers and the community at large. Our environmental policies focuses on maintaining high standards of business ethics to help protect the environment. We conduct our business in compliance with all applicable laws and our employees are committed to acting in the most professional manner and are respectful of cultures where we do business. We strongly believe that integrity is a prerequisite for a successful and sustained business relationship.
Our commitment to sustainability is built on four pillars:
Safety at Gulf Cryo is of utmost importance and a line management responsibility across the group. Our team is supported with a robust and efficient management system. Gulf Cryo is committed to maintaining standards with stringent procedures to ensure national and international requirements are met or exceeded in all cases.
Our SHEQ management system includes:
- An intergrated management approach that anticipates and addresses long-term issues and drives continual improvement.
- A strategic planning process that integrates SHEQ issues into business planning.
- A robust methodology for identifying issues, developing formal action plans, setting goals and measuring results.
Applicable business business units are OHSAS 18001:2007 certified.
To ensure our employees’ health and wellbeing, which is critical to the growth of our organisation, we have a robust occupational health management system in place. This covers many different elements to help protect and care for our team while they are working at Gulf Cryo for example: medical examinations, hazard communication, respiratory protection and hearing conservation.
Climate change is one of the most critical challenges facing the world today. We are committed to minimising the impact of our operations on the environment.
Our approach is to:
- Maximise the use of renewable natural resources.
- Improve the efficiency of our manufacturing operations to reduce and eliminate waste. Zero discharge is our long term strategy.
- Prevent pollution at the source wherever and whenever possible.
- Foster continual improvement through company and employee initiative.
Applicable business units are ISO 14001: 2004 certified.
The adoption of a quality management system (QMS) compliant to ISO 9001:2008 is a strategic decision of the company. The QMS is specific to respective Gulf Cryo companies and is influenced by the product they provide and processes they employ. The QMS was developed and implemented to ensure:
- We consistently provide products and services that meet customer requirements.
- Enhanced customer satisfaction.
- Effectiveness of our processes’ performance.
- Processes are in place for continual improvement.
Applicable business units are ISO 9001:2008 certified.