Prevent cracks in concrete caused by thermal stresses
WHAT IS CONCRETE COOLING WITH LIQUID NITROGEN?
Gulf Cryo’s concrete cooling with liquid nitrogen systems provide the construction industry with an innovative solution that helps prevent structural thermal cracks. During concrete curing, the core increases in temperature and expands while the surface cools and contracts, these tensile stresses cause cracks, impair functionality and ultimately compromise the safety of the construction. Adding liquid nitrogen to cement enables rapid cooling and precise temperature control of the fresh concrete so it can be poured at a constant ‘cool’ temperature, which is essential due to the region’s high temperatures. Liquid nitrogen is an environmentally friendly, inert fluid that dissolves rapidly into gas during heat transfer, leaving no residuals.
THE BENEFIT TO YOU
- Fresh concrete can be cooled by more than 20˚C
- Higher volumes of concrete can be cooled in less time
- Higher cooling rates and heat capacity transfer
- Precise temperature control
- Water/cement ratio remains unchanged
- Easy and reliable metering
- No additional electrical or fuel consumption for cooling
- Low investment costs
- Higher energy utilisation
Gulf Cryo is the only company in the Middle East offering a full range of concrete cooling with liquid nitrogen solutions. There are three systems in place:
1) Liquid nitrogen cryo lances – used for fresh concrete cooling in the truck mixer
2) Cement silo cryo cooling units – used for cement cooling with liquid nitrogen while transferring cement from the cement truck to the cement silo.
3) Ultra high output cryo cooling units – used to cool large amounts of concrete up to -160˚C.
We offer liquid nitrogen supply; design, engineering and installation of equipment and feasibility studies and cost/benefit analysis.